Beatrice Ojakangas

Recipes from the Scandinavian Chef

My Photo
Name:
Location: Duluth, Minnesota, United States

11/07/2008

The Best Casserole Cookbook Ever

My new book, "The Best Casserole Cookbook Ever" has just been published by Chronicle Books. It's going extremely well. It was a monumental work - 500 plus casseroles with a Basics chapter in the beginning giving the reader recipes to use to replace such things as cream soups.

There are 17 chapters in the book, categories from Appetizer Casseroles, Casserole breads, Casseroles for Breakfast, for large groups, for small groups, for vegetarian, for kids and even for desserts.

The book sells for $24.95 and is available everywhere including the Chronicle Books website, and eventually I will even get it on my site.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Lynn Bullions said...

A recipe for Turkey and Curried Rice Casserole was printed in the November 23, 2008 Pittsburgh Post Gazette. I followed the directions as printed and the casserole was a disaster! Perhaps they left out a line of the instructions but the rice (I used raw) was sauteed in the butter, curry added and broth. When I poured it over the ingredients, the broth sank to the bottom of the dish, the rice stayed on top. It got crunchy but never absorbed any liquid. I stirred it up evenutally to no avail.
Was something left out? You can go to www.postgazette.com and check out the article written by China Millman. She didn't respond to my inquiry so I thought I might track you down. I liked the sound of the recipe but certainly not the way it turned out.

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Andrew said...

Would you be able to post your finnish prune tart recipe?

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Andrew said...

Would you be able to post your finnish prune tart recipe?

6:39 PM  
Anonymous Susan Harnish said...

The Provencal Tomato Casserole was a hit at Christmas dinner. It was easy, pretty, and delicious served with beef roast, asparagus and baked potatoes. I will make this many times.


Sue Harnish

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home